AirAdvice for Homes™
Let Our Team Help You Breathe Better
We all know that new homes and businesses are very air tight to conserve energy and save money on heating and cooling bills. The challenge is that we keep breathing the same air in over and over again, and if it has pollutants or allergens, this may become a bad thing.
This has become such a major issue, that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has identified indoor air pollution as one of the top five urgent environmental risks to public health.
Common Contaminants in Your Home or Business
- Mold and bacteria—inhaling or touching molds/bacteria can cause hay fever-like symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rashes. Mold can also trigger asthma attacks.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)—chemicals found in home furnishings, carpets, building materials, paints, cleaning supplies, air fresheners, and more. They can irritate the eyes, nose and throat, and cause headaches, nausea, and worsening of asthma or breathing symptoms.
- Particulate materials—particulates can cause eye, nose, and throat irritation; as well as trigger asthma and respiratory infections.
- Carbon monoxide—a byproduct from combustion sources like furnaces, fireplaces, or stoves. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, or even death if the issue is not found in time.
- Radon—Radon is another odorless, colorless gas that is found in basements or the lower floors of homes and is one of the leading causes of cancer. We have special testing and services for radon mitigation.
Gross Heating & Air Conditioning offers AirAdvice for Homes™, a new diagnostic test for indoor pollution sources. Using a monitor, we can test your indoor air quality quickly and accurately in approximately 30 minutes.
Solutions Specific to Your Home
After the monitoring period, we receive the test results in about one minute and provide you with the complete report. One of our air quality experts will thoroughly explain the results and let you know the severity of the issues. There may be some problems, such as radon, that need be addressed immediately, while others can be handled at a later time, depending on your budget.
Indoor air quality systems can be tricky, but our team members will make it easy for you. Let us worry about proper sizing, design, and technology, and how it all works together to keep you comfortable. Call us to learn more about the AirAdvice for Homes™ system or schedule your appointment today.
Air Quality May Determine Whether You Can Sell Your Home
As air quality concerns increase, many new home buyers are asking about indoor air quality. Before you put your property on the market, it makes sense to have your air tested. After the testing is completed, our specialists can often provide an inexpensive solution that will make your property more attractive to potential buyers.
Solutions to Give You the Just-Right Environment for Your Home or Business Space
Our indoor air quality services extend into the entire comfort arena. Do you have areas that are always too hot/too cold? Are your heating/cooling bills too high? Does it always seem damp or clammy? Or is static electricity an issue and are you concerned about your expensive electrical and computer equipment? More than 96% of all homes have at least one indoor air quality issue according to from a study performed by AirAdvice for Homes. While unsetting, let us handle it.
Talk to the professionals at Gross Heating about any issue regarding overall comfort in your home, office, or small commercial building. Our team is driven to be sure that your team is happy and healthy.