Air Conditioner Use and Abuse—Why AC Maintenance Is So Important
When outdoor temperatures soar, air conditioning provides welcome relief from the heat. But what if your AC breaks down or energy bills skyrocket? That’s where AC maintenance comes in. Use these tips from Gross Heating & Air Conditioning to properly maintain your air conditioner for maximum comfort, health, and savings all summer long.
The Benefits of Just-Right AC
There’s a reason air conditioning is so popular—it makes hot, sticky days bearable and offers a number of real benefits:
- Increased energy levels and productivity
- Lowers risk of dehydration and lethargy
- Improves air quality by eliminating stuffy odors and allergens
- Reduces humidity so you feel comfortable while using less cooling energy
A Few Tips to Avoid AC Issues
There’s also a reason the experts at Gross Heating are adamant about helping you maintain your air conditioner—temperatures that are too low or faulty operation can lead to health problems and higher costs.
- Set your thermostat between 70 and 75 degrees in summer—any lower is inefficient
- Sudden changes in temperature and humidity can cause respiratory problems
- Excessive AC has a drying effect on your skin, nose, eyes, and throat
- Recirculated air in a closed, cooled space harbors germs that can make you sick
- An old or neglected system uses up to 30 percent more energy
Cool Solutions for Your Home
Professional installation and maintenance are the keys to air conditioning that’s comfortable and cost-effective. Trust the professionals at Gross Heating to recommend the right Carrier® cooling system for your home, along with a programmable thermostat to avoid overcooling and a dehumidifier to balance moisture in the air. When combined with regular filter changes and an annual cleaning, you’ll feel cool and enjoy all the benefits and savings of a well-managed system. For a free system evaluation and to get ready for a just-right summer, contact us today.
Gross Heating & Air Conditioning
3260 N. 126th Street
Brookfield, WI 53005
24-Hour Emergency Service Available