Questions Our Customers Ask Most Often
Listed below are frequently asked questions relating to the HVAC field. If you are experiencing a problem which requires attention and if you are in our service area, you may want to call us or schedule service online.
We hope this information helps you. Please keep in mind these are just rough guidelines and not all possible situations are covered.
Watch your mail for our spring and fall mailers for discounts on these tune-ups. Remember, your equipment can be tuned up ANY time during the year and does not have to be done before the start of the heating or cooling season, as long as it’s tuned up on a regular basis. Air conditioning tune-ups need to be performed when the outside temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Air conditioners up to 19 SEER efficiency rating Insist on high energy-efficient appliances with the ENERGY STAR label to use less energy, save money and help the environment.
- Furnaces up to 98% efficient Look for one that’s at least 95% efficient.
- Conventional heat pumps Buy the most energy-efficient model you can to keep energy costs down. Gross offers pumps from 13-18 SEER.
- Geothermal heat pumps maintain the highest efficiency on even the coldest winter nights or the hottest summer days.
- Gas or electric dryer booster fans shorten drying times, reduce energy usage and costs, and alleviate excessive wear and tear on your dryer.
- Programmable thermostats can save as much as 20% on your heating costs.
- High efficiency boiler systems up to 95% AFUE The higher the AFUE percentage, the more energy-efficient.
- Area-by-area zoning Subdividing your house into different temperature zones can help you conserve energy.
- Whole house humidifiers allow homeowners to reduce the thermostat setting two to three degrees without noticeably feeling the difference.
- To reduce your energy costs, have your heating and cooling system tuned and inspected by us annually. If you have a 1-inch filter, it should be changed every 1-3 months, depending on whether it’s a pleated or hogshair filter. Change hogshair filters monthly. Pleated should be changed every 3 months. If you have a 4-inch filter, replace it every 9-12 months, depending on the environment and the cleanliness of your ductwork.